Saturday, April 12, 2008

Don't bother me. I'm eating.


Sorry! my Top Chef post will be a little late this week because we're going down to Orange County to eat at Chic-fil-A, because we don't have them in Los Angeles. Then we are going shopping at the antique shops in Old Town Orange, looking for something to hang over the bar we just got last weekend at the Pasadena City College swap meet. Oh, that was quite a story! Well, maybe it isn't "quite a story," by I'll tell it anyway:

The bar, which is really just a cabinet with a wine rack and a sliding top that reveals an ice bucket, is a little bigger than we wanted but it seemed to match our furniture perfectly so we got it. Getting it home in my little Civic, however, was a major ordeal! It wouldn't fit in the front seat so we managed to just barely cram it into the trunk. Most of it was sticking out so we were worried it would fall out on the way home and we also thought it was going to be totally scratched up. Fortunately, we made it home safely and a little polish rubbed out any little scratches we made. I had been storing my wine glasses in a hall closet so it's so nice to finally have a cabinet in the dining room. Of course, the wine rack, which is fortunately hidden inside, only makes it more clear that we have a terrible selection of wine. Most of it is either Olivia Newton John's Koala Blue wine or this crappy wine called Papio, which Eric bought because of the cute monkey on the label.


And the previous weekend we finally made our patio livable. We had been waiting to do anything to the patio until our building was painted but that's taking months longer than it was supposed to. So we finally gave in and got a nice little patio set at Ikea for $100; I picked up a few potted palms, which really helps; and we got a cheap gas grill at Target (apparently anything under $500 is a worthless piece of crap but we couldn't afford a decent one).


So George Bush will be so proud of us for doing all this shopping lately! Anyway, the point of this post is just to say that I don't have time to write a post right now but I'll write it Sunday so check back later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love your new wine cabinet and patio!

-- desertwind

Someday I'll have to write about the time I drove my VW Bug from the PCC swapmeet to Silverlake with a loveseat tied on top.

Well, it was actually sort of tied "around" the car. "Sort of" being operative word here.

I just started sweating thinking about it!

S said...

It's been so cold here, only last week the snow melted.

By the way, I hate you for having nice weather.

eric3000 said...

Desertwind, I'm so glad I didn't have to tie this cabinet to my roof! Ha ha!

Steven, yes we can grill outdoors pretty much all year long but my pool is only heated in the summer so half the year it just sits there taunting me. Does that help?

wildflower38 said...

So you pre-spent your amnesia money. I like your wine cabinet.